Theatre Royal Stratford East’s artistic director steps down
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal Stratford East’s artistic director is set to step down from his role at the end of the year.
Kerry Michael, who has worked in the role for more than 12 years, has decided to end his time at the theatre and will announce his future plans soon.
He will continue working as usual, but the theatre will be searching for Kerry’s replacement, before he leaves.
“One of the most rewarding aspects of this job is supporting the next wave of artists and staff, so it’s important I give someone else the opportunity to have one of the best jobs in British Theatre.
“We, as a company, are in a healthy, ambitious place, so now feels the right time to step aside,”
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a total privilege to lead this theatre for over twelve years and play a part in its history and vision.” Kerry explained.
- 1 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 8 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences