Theatre company hunts Royal Docks stories for new pageant
- Credit: Archant
A theatre company is working with elderly residents and primary school children to create a new showcase.
IROKO Theatre Company, which is based in Stratford, is looking for people to share their stories of life in the Royal Docks area.
The project is funded by the Royal Docks Trust and will involve pupils from Winsor Primary and Ellen Wilkinson Primary.
The stories collected will be used to devise an inter-generational musical theatre pageant and an accompanying exhibition.
It is hoped they will tour a number of Newham venues.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in participating, please contact IROKO on 020 8522 1950 or email email@example.com
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 9 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett