New pub at Royal Wharf promises to give the community ‘what they want’ ahead of opening
- Credit: Archant
A family-friendly pub with a focus on “fresh, seasonal food and a community atmosphere” is set to open at Royal Wharf.
Fuller's pub The Windjammer has based its offering - from menu choices to weekly events - on community input, according to manager Hannah Joseph.
She said: "Fuller's, being a family-run business, loves the idea of joining such an exciting and diverse area.
"We've made it a priority pre-opening to really get to know people in the area to find out exactly what they want from their new local pub."
Based on this feedback, The Windjammer will host a quiz night and other events each week as well as supervised arts and crafts activities for children every weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The Windjammer features a split-level interior with a large downstairs bar and dining area below a versatile mezzanine floor offering stunning views of the river.
It will open in Admiralty Avenue on March 12.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 7 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims