The Thorpedo drops in on Acquatics Centre
Oz legend gets guided tour of 2012 swim centre from Lord Coe
AUSTRALIAN Olympic swimming legend Ian – The Thorpedo - Thorpe visited the Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park on Thursday (7/10) with London 2012 Organising Committee Chair Seb Coe.
Looking around the under-construction centre Ian said he was very impressed with what he had seen, and how everything is on track.
“London is really good at being different. The Games are being held in such a sport loving country. It will be the first Games that will have a great legacy in place. I’m excited about 2012, people should use the opportunity to come and visit,” he added.
Seb Coe, Chair of LOCOG, said the Aquatics Centre will be one of London 2012’s most iconic venues – the gateway to the Games.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to seeing some exciting swimming action there in 2012 with some epic battles between Team GB and Australia.”
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder