The Thorpedo drops in on Acquatics Centre
Oz legend gets guided tour of 2012 swim centre from Lord Coe
AUSTRALIAN Olympic swimming legend Ian – The Thorpedo - Thorpe visited the Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park on Thursday (7/10) with London 2012 Organising Committee Chair Seb Coe.
Looking around the under-construction centre Ian said he was very impressed with what he had seen, and how everything is on track.
“London is really good at being different. The Games are being held in such a sport loving country. It will be the first Games that will have a great legacy in place. I’m excited about 2012, people should use the opportunity to come and visit,” he added.
Seb Coe, Chair of LOCOG, said the Aquatics Centre will be one of London 2012’s most iconic venues – the gateway to the Games.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to seeing some exciting swimming action there in 2012 with some epic battles between Team GB and Australia.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen