THE TEAMS: Sheffield Wednesday v Leyton Orient
Butcher starts for the O’s with Tehoue back on the bench
Goalkeeper Lee Butcher makes his first league start for Orient at Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon.
He replaces Jamie Jones, who suffered a groin injury last Saturday at Oldham.
Fit-again striker Jonathan Tehoue returns to the subs bench, but the O’s are without on-loan midfielder Paul-Jose Mpoku, who is currently on loan from Tottenham.
He made an impression during his first start for the O’s against Brentford on Tuesday night in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, but is away on international duty with the Belium under-19 squad for their round of UEFA European Championship qualifiers.
You may also want to watch:
Orient will be looking to record their first away win in the league, since they won at Charlton, back in January.
Sheffield Wednesday, who were relegated last season, name a strong-looking squad for the clash, which includes former O’s star Darren Purse.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
Sheffield Wednesday: Weaver, Spurr, Buxton, Purse, Otsemobor, Miller, Potter, O’Connor, Teale, Tudgay, Morrison. Subs: Jameson, Hinds, Jones, Johnson, Sedgwick, Heffernan, Mellor.
Orient: Butcher, Omonzusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Chambers, Dawson, Spring, Cox, Revell, McGleish, Subs: Lovelock, Brown, Mike, Smith, Jarvis, Tehoue, Walker.
Referee: Geoff Eltringham.