THE TEAMS: Sheffield Wednesday v Leyton Orient
Butcher starts for the O’s with Tehoue back on the bench
Goalkeeper Lee Butcher makes his first league start for Orient at Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon.
He replaces Jamie Jones, who suffered a groin injury last Saturday at Oldham.
Fit-again striker Jonathan Tehoue returns to the subs bench, but the O’s are without on-loan midfielder Paul-Jose Mpoku, who is currently on loan from Tottenham.
He made an impression during his first start for the O’s against Brentford on Tuesday night in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, but is away on international duty with the Belium under-19 squad for their round of UEFA European Championship qualifiers.
Orient will be looking to record their first away win in the league, since they won at Charlton, back in January.
Sheffield Wednesday, who were relegated last season, name a strong-looking squad for the clash, which includes former O’s star Darren Purse.
- 1 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 2 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
Sheffield Wednesday: Weaver, Spurr, Buxton, Purse, Otsemobor, Miller, Potter, O’Connor, Teale, Tudgay, Morrison. Subs: Jameson, Hinds, Jones, Johnson, Sedgwick, Heffernan, Mellor.
Orient: Butcher, Omonzusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Chambers, Dawson, Spring, Cox, Revell, McGleish, Subs: Lovelock, Brown, Mike, Smith, Jarvis, Tehoue, Walker.
Referee: Geoff Eltringham.