THE TEAMS: Sheffield Wednesday v Leyton Orient
Butcher starts for the O’s with Tehoue back on the bench
Goalkeeper Lee Butcher makes his first league start for Orient at Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon.
He replaces Jamie Jones, who suffered a groin injury last Saturday at Oldham.
Fit-again striker Jonathan Tehoue returns to the subs bench, but the O’s are without on-loan midfielder Paul-Jose Mpoku, who is currently on loan from Tottenham.
He made an impression during his first start for the O’s against Brentford on Tuesday night in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, but is away on international duty with the Belium under-19 squad for their round of UEFA European Championship qualifiers.
You may also want to watch:
Orient will be looking to record their first away win in the league, since they won at Charlton, back in January.
Sheffield Wednesday, who were relegated last season, name a strong-looking squad for the clash, which includes former O’s star Darren Purse.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills
Sheffield Wednesday: Weaver, Spurr, Buxton, Purse, Otsemobor, Miller, Potter, O’Connor, Teale, Tudgay, Morrison. Subs: Jameson, Hinds, Jones, Johnson, Sedgwick, Heffernan, Mellor.
Orient: Butcher, Omonzusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Chambers, Dawson, Spring, Cox, Revell, McGleish, Subs: Lovelock, Brown, Mike, Smith, Jarvis, Tehoue, Walker.
Referee: Geoff Eltringham.