The Queen to visit Olympic Park and London City Airport on Saturday
The Queen will make her second visit to Newham in as many days when she comes to the Olympic Park site and London City Airport on the first full day of the Games.
She will also unveil a plaque on Saturday to mark the airport’s 25th year in operation.
Joined by the Duke of Edinburgh and the Princess Royal she will first arrive at the Orbit tower.
After travelling to the top of the tower, the Royals will meet with a whole host of dignitaries, including Lord Coe and London Mayor Boris Johnson.
At the airport, she will meet long serving members of staff and Paralympian swimmer Amy Marren - who is sponsored by London City Airport.
You may also want to watch:
The visit comes hours after the Queen attends Friday night’s opening ceremony to officially open the Games.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines