The Queen to visit Olympic Park and London City Airport on Saturday
The Queen will make her second visit to Newham in as many days when she comes to the Olympic Park site and London City Airport on the first full day of the Games.
She will also unveil a plaque on Saturday to mark the airport’s 25th year in operation.
Joined by the Duke of Edinburgh and the Princess Royal she will first arrive at the Orbit tower.
After travelling to the top of the tower, the Royals will meet with a whole host of dignitaries, including Lord Coe and London Mayor Boris Johnson.
At the airport, she will meet long serving members of staff and Paralympian swimmer Amy Marren - who is sponsored by London City Airport.
You may also want to watch:
The visit comes hours after the Queen attends Friday night’s opening ceremony to officially open the Games.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing