East London Football Podcast: FA Cup glory, two new managers and Mary Poppins
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Matt Withers is joined by Dave Evans and Jacob Ranson for another East London Football Podcast.
West Ham United continue their good start to life under new manager David Moyes with a 2-0 victory over Gillingham to progress into the next round of the FA Cup and set up a tie with West Brom and former manager Slaven Bilic.
They now return to league action with a Friday night match away to eighth-place Sheffield United.
Leyton Orient have finally handed Ross Embleton the role of head coach following a long stint as interim head coach.
The O's have signed goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux and extended the loan deal of George Marsh but expect more signings.
You may also want to watch:
Dagenham & Redbridge also have a new manager as Daryl McMahon has come in to replace Peter Taylor.
We spoke about his ambitions, style, and what he may bring to the club as well as the departure of first-team coach Jody Brown.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Further down the non league pyramid Hornchurch face Aveley in the FA Trophy while Romford make seven signings ahead of their away trip to Cambridge City.