Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- Credit: Newham Archives and Local Studies Library
An opportunity to help preserve the borough's industrial history is on offer thanks to a heritage project.
A charity, the Thames Festival Trust, is looking for a part-time intern to work on The Islanders, a project preserving the heritage of Silvertown and North Woolwich.
The project has been awarded funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
It will eventually lead to oral history interview recordings being sent to Newham's archive to be preserved for future generations.
The intern will help develop and stage an exhibition as well as events which will form part of the Totally Thames 2021 arts and culture festival.
You may also want to watch:
They will help promote events, work with community groups and carry out research as part of the paid role.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on May 14.
For more information, visit thamesfestivaltrust.org/about-us/join-our-team/
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation