The Big Lunch at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people across the country will gather for a community lunch next month, and anyone picnicking at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park could win a trip up the UK’s tallest sculpture.
Neighbours, friends and family can get together for ‘the Big Lunch’ on Sunday, June 7 – the largest group of people on the day will be treated to a trip up the ArcelorMittal Orbit, to enjoy the breath-taking views of London.
The aim is to get as many people as possible across the whole of the UK to have lunch with their neighbours annually on the first Sunday in June in a simple act of community, friendship and fun.
The day will be packed full of fun, free activities for the whole family to enjoy, including a huge treasure hunt, face painting, storytelling and cookery demonstrations.
Local theatre groups will be on hand to keep children entertained, and Sadler’s Wells will be offering an exclusive sneak preview of their latest smash hit show Traces, performed by The 7 Fingers.
You may also want to watch:
Taking place between 12noon and 4pm, picnickers can work off their picnic lunches with a series of free sports sessions, including a huge tug of war, obstacle course and parachute games.
Visit thebiglunch.com for more.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding