Thank you! BBC and EastEnders titles recognise the Olympic Village
The BBC have finally reacted to pressure from Newham Council, Mayor Sir Robin Wales and the Newham Recorder by putting the Olympic Park in the opening titles of soap opera EastEnders.
The new graphics, which show the Olympic Park, including the stadium, will be first aired tomorrow New Year’s Day, according to a statement put out a short time ago by the BBC.
The programme will also be the final episode for long-serving cast member Pam St Clement, who plays Pat Evans.
An EastEnders spokesman said the new titles would welcome in what will be a “truly remarkable New Year in E20”.
“As we say farewell to a legend of over 26 years we welcome in what will be a truly remarkable New Year in E20 by adding the Olympic Village into the opening title sequence,” the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Sir Robin Wales and Newham Council made a number of requests that the titles include the stadium and village over the last 18 months, while construction at the Olympic Park was underway. These requests were backed by Editor Colin Grainger and the Recorder, both in paper and online.
Newham Council and ourselves made another request following completion of a large part of the stadium in March and again in November this year.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
A statement confirming the change was made by the BBC on their website and on BBC London radio this morning.