Territorial Army stages open day in West Ham
- Credit: Archant
The G Company 7 Rifles held an open evening to recruit people to the Territorial Army (TA) this week with support from the Deputy Mayor.
The event at Territorial Army Centre, West Ham, on Tuesday, October 23, was visited by Deputy Mayor Lester Hudson and showcased the employment opportunities to members of the public with over 200 roles including chefs, drivers, medics, infantrymen, engineers and signallers.
The recruitment drive is part of a campaign by the TA to hold activities and events and expand the number of soldiers to 30,000 by 2018.
Brigadier Andrew Jackson, the director of recruiting and training for the Army, said: “These events are intended to show people from West Ham that, no matter what your skills or background, the Army has something to offer you and serving with the TA provides opportunities to learn much more beyond military skills.
“Serving as a professional with the TA is the ideal opportunity for promising individuals to do something extra with their time and benefit from a rewarding experience outside of normal working hours.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the exciting career opportunities available in the Territorial Army, search “Join the TA” or call 0845 600 8080.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley