Territorial Army stages open day in West Ham
- Credit: Archant
The G Company 7 Rifles held an open evening to recruit people to the Territorial Army (TA) this week with support from the Deputy Mayor.
The event at Territorial Army Centre, West Ham, on Tuesday, October 23, was visited by Deputy Mayor Lester Hudson and showcased the employment opportunities to members of the public with over 200 roles including chefs, drivers, medics, infantrymen, engineers and signallers.
The recruitment drive is part of a campaign by the TA to hold activities and events and expand the number of soldiers to 30,000 by 2018.
Brigadier Andrew Jackson, the director of recruiting and training for the Army, said: “These events are intended to show people from West Ham that, no matter what your skills or background, the Army has something to offer you and serving with the TA provides opportunities to learn much more beyond military skills.
“Serving as a professional with the TA is the ideal opportunity for promising individuals to do something extra with their time and benefit from a rewarding experience outside of normal working hours.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the exciting career opportunities available in the Territorial Army, search “Join the TA” or call 0845 600 8080.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration