Teenager in court accused of the murder of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford Shopping City
Teenager accused of the killing of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford
A teenager will appear in court this morning accused of the murder Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.#
The 17-year-old, who is understood to be from Hackney, will appear in custody after being charged with the killing late last night.
He will be accused of the murder and also with violent disorder at Westfield on June 29.
He was arrested on Saturday after handing himself in at a south London police station.
Previously detectives in the case had charged 11 other men with violent disorder.
The eleventh person to be charged Travis Odean Townsend, 20, from Walthamstow, appears for the first time in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
The ten others will also appear today at two other courts accused of violent disorder
Enquiries regarding the murder are continuing and detectives are still appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information to contact them.
Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Another man, aged 20, arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in late July pending further enquiries.
Another 19-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation has been released with no further action.