Teenager in court accused of the murder of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford Shopping City
Teenager accused of the killing of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford
A teenager will appear in court this morning accused of the murder Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.#
The 17-year-old, who is understood to be from Hackney, will appear in custody after being charged with the killing late last night.
He will be accused of the murder and also with violent disorder at Westfield on June 29.
He was arrested on Saturday after handing himself in at a south London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Previously detectives in the case had charged 11 other men with violent disorder.
The eleventh person to be charged Travis Odean Townsend, 20, from Walthamstow, appears for the first time in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
The ten others will also appear today at two other courts accused of violent disorder
Enquiries regarding the murder are continuing and detectives are still appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information to contact them.
Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Another man, aged 20, arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in late July pending further enquiries.
Another 19-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation has been released with no further action.