Teenager held in custody over killing of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford
Youth, 17, held over murder of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford City
A teenager appeared in court on Monday accused of the murder of Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.
The 17-year-old, from Hackney, appeared in custody at Redbridge Court after being charged with the killing late on Sunday night. He was remanded in custody until Wednesday to re-appear at the Old Bailey. He was also accused of violent disorder at Westfield on June 29.
Eleven men have also been accused of violent disorder.
Travis Odean Townsend, 20, from Walthamstow appeared for the first time at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Monday and was remanded in custody.
Tristan Mullings, 20, a delivery man, from Holloway, appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday and again on Monday accused of violent disorder and was remanded in custody.
Seven others appeared in court on Monday accused of violent disorder. Two appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court. Michael Alvaranga, 23 of Leytonstone and Javin Righbie, 22, of Stratford, were remanded in custody.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
Another five re-appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Monday, a week after their first appearance.
Michael Ndefo, 21, of Plaistow, Jason Vaughan, 24, of Stratford, Jerome McLeish, 20, of Custom House, Danny Caton, 23, of Stratford, and Rhys Regisford, 20, of Plaistow, were remanded in custody.
Two others, Emmanuel Oloyede, 19, of Plaistow, and Tony Caton, 21, of Stratford, were bailed until July 30, when they appeared at Thames Court on Monday July 2.
Inquiries are continuing and detectives are still appealing for witnesses or anyone with any information to contact them.
Call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Another man, aged 20, arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in late July pending further enquiries.
Another 19-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation has been released with no further action.