Teenager held in custody over killing of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford
Youth, 17, held over murder of Liam Woodards at Westfield Stratford City
A teenager appeared in court on Monday accused of the murder of Liam Woodards at the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.
The 17-year-old, from Hackney, appeared in custody at Redbridge Court after being charged with the killing late on Sunday night. He was remanded in custody until Wednesday to re-appear at the Old Bailey. He was also accused of violent disorder at Westfield on June 29.
Eleven men have also been accused of violent disorder.
Travis Odean Townsend, 20, from Walthamstow appeared for the first time at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Monday and was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Tristan Mullings, 20, a delivery man, from Holloway, appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday and again on Monday accused of violent disorder and was remanded in custody.
Seven others appeared in court on Monday accused of violent disorder. Two appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court. Michael Alvaranga, 23 of Leytonstone and Javin Righbie, 22, of Stratford, were remanded in custody.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
Another five re-appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Monday, a week after their first appearance.
Michael Ndefo, 21, of Plaistow, Jason Vaughan, 24, of Stratford, Jerome McLeish, 20, of Custom House, Danny Caton, 23, of Stratford, and Rhys Regisford, 20, of Plaistow, were remanded in custody.
Two others, Emmanuel Oloyede, 19, of Plaistow, and Tony Caton, 21, of Stratford, were bailed until July 30, when they appeared at Thames Court on Monday July 2.
Inquiries are continuing and detectives are still appealing for witnesses or anyone with any information to contact them.
Call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Another man, aged 20, arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in late July pending further enquiries.
Another 19-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation has been released with no further action.