Teenage driver ‘critical’ after Stratford collision
- Credit: @jazzsvirdi
Police are appealing for witnesses to an early morning collision which has left a teenage driver in a critical condition.
The 18-year-old man was the driver of a blue Volkswagen Golf which was involved in an incident with a silver Ford Mondeo on Portway, Stratford, at around 6am this morning.
Three passengers in the Golf – two men aged 21 and 22, and a woman aged 19 – were taken to hospital.
Their injuries are not said to be life-threatening.
The driver of the Mondeo, a 26-year-old man, was taken to an east London hospital with minor injuries but has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath are carrying out enquiries into the circumstances of the incident.
Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this collision is urged to call police on 020 8597 4874 or the police non-emergency line on 101.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.