Teen admits murder of Aliza, 18
Facing life sentence for fatal stabbing
A TEENAGER is facing a life sentence after he admitted murdering an A-level student as she made her way to a party.
Yahya Gul, 18, stabbed sixth former Aliza Mirza, also 18, to death in a side street in Manor Park, on April 3.
Gul had previously denied murder and was facing trial at the Old Bailey today.
But as the case was about to start he was rearraigned by the court clerk and pleaded guilty to murder.
You may also want to watch:
Aliza, who had two brothers and two sisters, was studying ICT, English, government and politics and media at Canon Palmer School in Ilford.
She was found lying face down in a pool of blood by a passer by and pronounced dead at Whipps Cross Hospital that night.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 6 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 7 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 8 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
Gul, of Charlbury Gardens, Ilford, Essex, will be sentenced later today.