Tea dance at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park gets parkour twist
- Credit: Archant
A free afternoon of dancing at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will attempt to fuse music and, er, free running.
The parkour-inspired tea dance will take place at the Copper Box Arena between 12.30pm and 2.30pm on Tuesday, and is open for anyone aged 50 and over.
Complete with lunch and a ballroom DJ, the session will offer something for everyone, from Ballroom and Latin dancing to very special wheelchair gambol.
‘Dance Moves’ will be on hand to give dancers tips and demonstrations and all skill-levels and abilities welcome.
Gillian Harker, 61, from Newham, said: “I really loved the tea dance at the Copper Box last year and I would say to anyone, at whatever level, come and join in and have some fun.
“Parkour Dance is really enjoyable, friendly and fun – it caters for everyone.
“Come and try it out at the tea dance. It’s all free and a fun afternoon.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
“It gives me a great excuse to get out and have some fun.”
A small number of tickets will be available on the door but spaces are limited and will be given on a first come, first served basis.
Angus Shields, 68, from Hackney, is encouraging others to give it a go.
“I think it’s great that people will get the chance to try out Parkour Dance at the tea dance at the Copper Box,” he said.
“I really enjoy it, it’s great fun and I would say to anyone it is a great way of doing some exercise – try it out.” To avoid disappointment, we highly recommend that you reserve your space.
For more information call 0800 0722 110 or email email@example.com