Take the plunge for Beckton children’s hospice
ADRENALINE junkies are being sought to take the plunge in aid of a Newham children’s hospice.
Beckton-based Richard House is looking for brave jumpers to take part in a 10,000 ft tandem skydive.
It will take place on Saturday, May 7, in Brackley, near Milton Keynes.
Father-of-two Bryan Pritchard is one of those who took part last year, raising �1,000 for the charity’s vital work.
“I chose Richard House because I am a parent of two brilliant children,” he said.
“They have always been healthy and I feel extremely lucky that they are.
“If anyone is thinking of doing this then they shouldn’t hesitate - the training is first-class, the equipment is second-to-none and the experience is unforgettable.
- 1 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 7 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 8 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 9 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 10 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
“Some say I was having a mid-life crisis. I just think it is one of those things you have to do before you die.”
Places are still available, but all participants must raise a minimum of �395 in sponsorship.
You can sign up by calling the fundraising team on (020) 7540 0221 or online at www.richardhouse.org.uk