Swords’ superb medal haul delights Strachan
NEWHAM SWORDS club manager Linda Strachan praised the youngsters’ team spirit, as 15 of its members won medals at two events last weekend.
The haul, consisting of team and individual medals, was won at the London Team Event and Newham National Junior Leon Paul Tournament.
A delighted Strachan praised the attitude of the youngsters led by Head Coach Pierre Harper.
“These results are not only due to the hard work being put in by our fencers, but also due to the fantastic team spirit present within our club,” Strachan said.
In the London Team Event, Rachel Shaw, Alice Campbell and Cameron Mutale took the silver medal in the under-11 age group, whilst Alan Lozovik, Kamal Minott and Pearce Clarke took gold in the under-13 category.
You may also want to watch:
In the under-15s, Jai Birch, Robbie Shaw and Dan Alzapeidi represented the Newham Swords A Team that took the bronze medal after beating Newham Swords B Team, comprising James Udrzal, Joao De Sousa and Habib Adebajo, who finished fourth.
At the Newham National Junior Event, Swords continued their haul – collecting six medals in four different age-groups.
- 1 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 2 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 3 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
Aiste Dambrauskaite and Camelia Mouaziz took the silver and bronze respectively in the girls’ under-nine event.
Alma Lunda won silver in the girls’ under-11 event, while teammates Lindsay Molera and Alice Campbell achieved ninth and 13th place respectively.
In the boys’ under-13 age group, Alan Lozovik and Kamal Minott took silver and bronze respectively, securing their selection for the England under-15 Squad.
Katy Maranan took her first medal in a national junior tournament when she won the bronze in the girls’ under-17 event.
Benjamin Udrzal and George Gay were sixth and ninth respectively in the boys’ under-nines category, while Cameron Mutale was 14th in the boys’ under-11 category.