Support Recorder Runners in 10km charity bid
- Credit: Archant
Physical and mental preparation is already underway for the five Recorder Runners ahead of the Morrisons Great Newham London Run, so it only seemed right to get donations off to a start too.
The team, including news editor Freddy Mayhew, reporters Mark Shales and Sophie Morton, apprentice Jacob Ranson and digital director Paul Hood are looking to raise up to £1,000 by putting one foot in front of the other.
For Sophie and Mark, that training included joining up with Paula Radcliffe for a jog in the shadow of the Olympic Stadium, where they will cross the finish line on July 19.
For two fairly novice runners, keeping up with the champion for more than half a kilometre was a challenge, but it’s two months and many evenings of training before they take on 10km.
Ok, so it’s not quite the marathon distance Paula runs, but the money raised by the Recorder team will be going to a very good cause in helping the wonderful work being done at Richard House Children’s Hospice, Beckton.
Peter Ellis, Richard House chief executive, said: “The Newham Recorder has always been a big supporter of the hospice and the work we do to support local children and families with life-limiting health conditions.
“We’re delighted to hear the Recorder Runners will be going even further this time as they put on their trainers and raise for us.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
“Everyone at the hospice is looking forward to cheering them on in the Morrisons Great Newham London Run.”
Visit the Recorder Runners’ Vigin Money Giving page at virginmoneygiving.com/team/recorderrunners to donate. Any amount will be heartily welcomed.