Super Saturday success for Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
Westfield Stratford City embraced ‘super Saturday’ with a host of deals and Christmas events.
Shoppers visiting the centre between Thursday and Sunday were offered up to 30% off in some stores, while others introduced 3 for 2 offers and doubled the amount of student discount.
Thousands of visitors passed through the doors hunting for bargain Christmas presents.
While the centre could not confirm an exact number of shoppers or the amount of money they spent, it did state that it was “the busiest weekend of the year so far”.
Westfield director Myf Ryan said: “Over the past five years our London centres have seen nearly one million people pass through the doors on Super Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Families were entertained by staff in Christmas fancy dress outfits and live music, while children could get their faces painted.
The day is said to be the second biggest shopping day of the year, only behind the Saturday before Christmas.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas