Super Saturday success for Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
Westfield Stratford City embraced ‘super Saturday’ with a host of deals and Christmas events.
Shoppers visiting the centre between Thursday and Sunday were offered up to 30% off in some stores, while others introduced 3 for 2 offers and doubled the amount of student discount.
Thousands of visitors passed through the doors hunting for bargain Christmas presents.
While the centre could not confirm an exact number of shoppers or the amount of money they spent, it did state that it was “the busiest weekend of the year so far”.
Westfield director Myf Ryan said: “Over the past five years our London centres have seen nearly one million people pass through the doors on Super Saturday.”
Families were entertained by staff in Christmas fancy dress outfits and live music, while children could get their faces painted.
The day is said to be the second biggest shopping day of the year, only behind the Saturday before Christmas.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex