Sunborn Princess yacht to join Newham landscape
- Credit: Archant
A stunning yacht hotel will soon become a permanent feature on the Royal Docks, providing 80 full-time jobs.
Newham Council planners have approved proposals for the 120 metre, 140-cabin Sunborn Princess Upgrade to be moored west of the ExCeL Centre, next to the Royal Victoria Square, for the next 15 years.
Permission was granted to Sunborn International by councillors at a meeting of Newham Council’s Strategic Development Committee on Tuesday (October 15).
As part of this permission, the council’s job brokerage service Workplace will be used.
The plans allow for an outdoor Jacuzzi, bar and sunlounge on one of the decks. In addition, 65 parking spaces will be provided at undercroft level of ExCeL.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Conor McAuley, chair of the committee, said: “London is moving eastwards and the Royal Docks offer an investment opportunity in scale unmatched anywhere in Europe. This exciting development is a pivotal part of their reanimation.
“The Docks are being transformed into a living, working community of high quality offices, workspace, retail, residential spaces, leisure and entertainment facilities. They will become a vibrant, exciting and fun visitor attraction which will draw people not just from across the capital - but across the country. This venture will provide a major boost for the local economy and further cement the area’s reputation as one of the capital’s must-visit places.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
“Investment in the borough encompassing the Olympic Park and Stratford in the north through to Canning Town, Custom House and the Royal Docks in the south, reflects Newham’s status as London’s regeneration priority for the next 25 years.”