Sunborn Princess yacht to join Newham landscape
- Credit: Archant
A stunning yacht hotel will soon become a permanent feature on the Royal Docks, providing 80 full-time jobs.
Newham Council planners have approved proposals for the 120 metre, 140-cabin Sunborn Princess Upgrade to be moored west of the ExCeL Centre, next to the Royal Victoria Square, for the next 15 years.
Permission was granted to Sunborn International by councillors at a meeting of Newham Council’s Strategic Development Committee on Tuesday (October 15).
As part of this permission, the council’s job brokerage service Workplace will be used.
The plans allow for an outdoor Jacuzzi, bar and sunlounge on one of the decks. In addition, 65 parking spaces will be provided at undercroft level of ExCeL.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Conor McAuley, chair of the committee, said: “London is moving eastwards and the Royal Docks offer an investment opportunity in scale unmatched anywhere in Europe. This exciting development is a pivotal part of their reanimation.
“The Docks are being transformed into a living, working community of high quality offices, workspace, retail, residential spaces, leisure and entertainment facilities. They will become a vibrant, exciting and fun visitor attraction which will draw people not just from across the capital - but across the country. This venture will provide a major boost for the local economy and further cement the area’s reputation as one of the capital’s must-visit places.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
“Investment in the borough encompassing the Olympic Park and Stratford in the north through to Canning Town, Custom House and the Royal Docks in the south, reflects Newham’s status as London’s regeneration priority for the next 25 years.”