Sun shines on Central Park for second day of Mayor’s Newham Show
- Credit: Archant
Scorching temperatures helped boost attendance at the second day of the Mayor’s Newham Show.
The popular annual event, held at Central Park in East Ham, included a performance by CBeebies favourite Mr Bloom.
Highlights in the cabaret tent including Bella Kinetica’s roller skating and double trapeze acts, while on the main stage performers from Deborah Day Theatre School drew some of the biggest crowds.
Elsewhere there was an opportunity to discover life in the trenches by walking through a lifesized replica of a 1915 World War I trench, complete with realistic gunfire noise and smoke effects.
For a full review of the whole weekend, pick up a copy of the Recorder on Wednesday.
Send your pictures from the Newham Show to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 6 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas