Summer fun in Stratford Park
Stratford makes its mark on the summer festival season this Saturday (August 20) as it hosts a day for all the local community to get together for some free family fun.
People of all ages are invited to Stratford Park from 12pm to 4pm for a range of informative and recreational activities.
To give the event an up-to-date Stratford flavour, information on how to get involved in the 2012 Games will be available as well as giving residents the opportunity to have their say on the future of the Olympic Park which may be included as a contribution in its official audio guide.
Reports of “2012 the Musical” have also reached the Recorder’s ears but details are still to be confirmed.
Residents will have the opportunity to quiz their councillor and win �100 in shopping vouchers.
Entertainment on the day includes the Lithuanian Children’s Ballroom Dance School, a didgeredoo, a children’s mini play day, story telling, theatre, fashion shows, a bouncy castle, arts and crafts workshops and jewellery making.
Get active in the open air by taking part in yoga, zumba, karate, capoiera, or football for a kick about in the park.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Free advice is on hand about employment and training, volunteering, physical and social activity at local centres, health MOTS and a range of services from education to fostering to recycling and much more.