Summer fun in Stratford Park
Stratford makes its mark on the summer festival season this Saturday (August 20) as it hosts a day for all the local community to get together for some free family fun.
People of all ages are invited to Stratford Park from 12pm to 4pm for a range of informative and recreational activities.
To give the event an up-to-date Stratford flavour, information on how to get involved in the 2012 Games will be available as well as giving residents the opportunity to have their say on the future of the Olympic Park which may be included as a contribution in its official audio guide.
Reports of “2012 the Musical” have also reached the Recorder’s ears but details are still to be confirmed.
Residents will have the opportunity to quiz their councillor and win �100 in shopping vouchers.
Entertainment on the day includes the Lithuanian Children’s Ballroom Dance School, a didgeredoo, a children’s mini play day, story telling, theatre, fashion shows, a bouncy castle, arts and crafts workshops and jewellery making.
Get active in the open air by taking part in yoga, zumba, karate, capoiera, or football for a kick about in the park.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
Free advice is on hand about employment and training, volunteering, physical and social activity at local centres, health MOTS and a range of services from education to fostering to recycling and much more.