Summer fun in Stratford Park
Stratford makes its mark on the summer festival season this Saturday (August 20) as it hosts a day for all the local community to get together for some free family fun.
People of all ages are invited to Stratford Park from 12pm to 4pm for a range of informative and recreational activities.
To give the event an up-to-date Stratford flavour, information on how to get involved in the 2012 Games will be available as well as giving residents the opportunity to have their say on the future of the Olympic Park which may be included as a contribution in its official audio guide.
Reports of “2012 the Musical” have also reached the Recorder’s ears but details are still to be confirmed.
Residents will have the opportunity to quiz their councillor and win �100 in shopping vouchers.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment on the day includes the Lithuanian Children’s Ballroom Dance School, a didgeredoo, a children’s mini play day, story telling, theatre, fashion shows, a bouncy castle, arts and crafts workshops and jewellery making.
Get active in the open air by taking part in yoga, zumba, karate, capoiera, or football for a kick about in the park.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
Free advice is on hand about employment and training, volunteering, physical and social activity at local centres, health MOTS and a range of services from education to fostering to recycling and much more.