Study predicts Stratford’s E20 will be next desirable postcode
E20, Stratford’s new Olympic Park neighbourhood, is expected to become one of London’s most desirable postcodes.
A study by the Centre for Economics and Business Research (Cebr) has compared the neighbourhood’s features with other key residential areas, and found that the combination of transport links, quality of life, local services, and access to employment opportunities in E20 rivals such well-established and desirable north and west London districts as Highbury and Hammersmith.
The “liveability” factors in E20 which Cebr took into account in its London Residential Fundamentals Index included access to areas of outdoor space. This included each property in East Village, formerly the Athletes’ Village, having access to both private balconies and communal courtyards, as well as being surrounded by public gardens, an orchard and wetland area.
Cebr’s index also took into account the sporting facilities on the Park, the new Chobham Academy and the East Village health centre, plus the future neighbourhood cafes, restaurants and shops.
Osman Ismail, a Cebr analyst, said: “This much-maligned corner of east London, neglected for decades, is set to become a success story. The regeneration associated with the Olympic Games will soon give rise to one of London’s most exciting residential areas.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s an outstanding living environment, contributing much to the broader regeneration of east London. Our prediction is that E20, and East Village in particular, will be a highly desirable place to live.
“The neighbourhood will suit a range of needs: families who want more space, professionals who want a safe and desirable place to live, and key workers and ex-service personnel who want high-quality homes in a thriving area.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
“Our research indicates that, based on its unique combination of assets, E20 will compete with the likes of Hammersmith and Highbury, and offer its residents far more than many established London hot-spots.”