Students’ insight into motor industry in Plaistow
A group of GCSE students gained a valuable insight into the motor industry with a visit to a local car dealership.
The 25 students from the Fourteen to Nineteen Partnership visited Dagenham Motors Plaistow, in Plaistow Road, to learn more about the motor industry and the career opportunities available.
They learnt about the roles and functions of working in new and used car sales before enjoying a tour of the service and after-sales departments. The students also learned more about the technology used in the latest models with a demonstration of Active Park Assist, where the Ford Focus parks itself at the touch of a button.
Sharon Grainger, of the Fourteen to Nineteen Partnership, said: The students really enjoyed touring the Dagenham Motors dealership and witnessing all the different career paths on offer. Meeting the staff at Dagenham Motors and experiencing a working dealership was really inspiring for our students and I know they gained a lot from the opportunity.
“It was a great chance for the students to learn more about the industry first hand.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Cundy, general manager at Dagenham Motors, said: “I am very glad the students enjoyed their time here. It was a pleasure to have them visit the dealership and I hope they took as much from the visit as possible.”
The visit was part of the Institute of the Motor Industry’s (IMI) ‘Headlight’ programme, designed to encourage young people to consider a career in the motor industry. Dagenham Motors recently partnered with the programme and has been inviting local schools registered with the scheme to come and tour its dealerships across London.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
For more information about the IMI ‘Headlight’ campaign visit: www.motor.org.uk/careers/headlight.html