Striker Lisbie close to an Orient return
Striker could be back for MK Dons trip
Striker Kevin Lisbie could return to the Orient squad for tomorrow’s trip to MK Dons.
Lisbie returned to training last week following a hamstring injury sustained against Sheffield United and has missed the last six games during which time Orient have managed to score just two goals.
The striker is unlikely to start, but could be on the bench, which would give manager Russell Slade more striking options.
Defender Scott Cuthbert is also back in training, but is a little bit further behind Lisbie in the comeback stakes.
Orient’s FA Cup first round tie at Gloucester City on Sunday was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch and no date had yet been agreed for the rescheduling of the fixture.
The O’s are keen to play the game next Tuesday night, but the Blue Square Bet North side want to play on a Wednesday.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
“We are awaiting a decision at any time,” said Orient chief executive Matt Porter.