Street party to be held in Custom House on Sunday
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
A street party will be held in Shipman Street, Custom House, on Sunday.
Attractions will include a bouncy castle, face painting, arm wrestling and a fashion parade, where the winner will be crowned child of the year.
There will also be lots of games, competitions and performances by local artists, during the event which will be held from 1pm to 5pm.
Marian Olusanya, who has organised the event, says she hopes that it will encourage residents to get to know each other and get along better.
“Organising this street party has made some residents work and plan together,” she said. “On the day of the street party, I hope people will mingle and make new friends.”
There will also be an opportunity to meet local councillors on the day.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute