Stratford youth organisation awarded £25,000 fund
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford based community organisation has been awarded a £25,000 fund from Natwest.
Youth organisation, 15billion-ebp, is one of seven community not-for-profit organisations in London that have been awarded a share of over £1million from the Natwest Skills & Opportunity Fund.
The organisation, based in Romford Road, was awarded £25,241.
Ian Porter, Chief Executive, 15billion-ebp said: “The number of ‘workless’ families in East London is extremely high compared to the rest of the UK and strong parallels have been drawn between ‘workless parents’ and poor attainment amongst primary school children.
“Funding for Route to Work is tremendous news for 15billion-ebp as it means we can join together a successful primary school programme that raises understanding of careers amongst children, with direct employability training and support for over 200 unemployed parents/carers.”
You may also want to watch:
The organisation aims to help youngsters in the borough build a future for themselves.
Mr Porter added: “The London Borough of Newham has seen a dramatic reduction in the number of 16 and 17 years olds not in education, employment or training and we are proud to have played our role in this improvement. We are confident that the programme is capable of being replicated in other areas where there the same issues of intergenerational ‘worklessness’ exist for parents/carers and their children.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards