Stratford Unitarian Church plans festival of creativity
- Credit: Archant
A Unitarian church in Stratford will be holding an arts festival to seek truth through artistic expression.
The Festival of Creativity at Stratford Unitarian and Free Christian Church in West Ham Lane will kick off with an opening Tea Party on April 23 and 3pm.
The festival runs until June 7 and will feature live music from St George’s Choir, art and craft displays currated by David Carapiet, spoken word events, talks and discussion forums.
Julian Meek, minister of the church, said: “We see our faith very much as not just on a Sunday but living our faith every day of the week.
“Because we haven’t got a doctrinal standpoint, we question everything and hope to find the answer that comes about by different experiences - poetry, music - as opposed to saying, ‘God is this’, ‘you have to follow these commandments’, etc.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Meek said the Stratford Unitarian and Free Christian Church is very inclusive, and the festival will welcome people of different faiths, as well as freethinkers and humanists.
For more information visit the church on a Sunday or call Julian Meek on 07956381995.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim