Stratford travel blogger returns home from India
- Credit: Archant
Travel blogger Claire Salter is back on home soil after representing Britain at the Kerala Blog Express.
Claire from Stratford, set off around India for 15 days earlier this month travelling 2,300km round Kerala, alongside 30 fellow bloggers from across the world after winning a competition.
The 27-year-old tried her hand at zip lining, hiking and kayaking on the trip.
Claire, who now plans to blog full time, said: “I had an amazing time and just wish it hadn’t gone by so quickly.
“The people of Kerala, are so friendly and welcoming. Every time we arrived at a new hotel we were greeted by drummers, performers, even an elephant at one place.”
You may also want to watch:
The blogger said she was well looked after on her trip.
“Some [places we stayed] were fantastic beach resorts, while others were surrounded by nature and at one place we woke up to find a monkey on our balcony.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
See curiousclaire.com for more.