Stratford travel blogger chosen to blog for England in India
- Credit: Archant
Passionate travel blogger Claire Salter is following her dream lifestyle.
The 27-year-old has given up her full-time job to take up her hobby of travelling the world and blogging all year round.
Claire, from Stratford, said: “After taking my first solo trip to Paris in 2012 I became addicted with travelling but with my family and friends less interested in travel I had no one who wanted to listen to me excessively talk,” she said.
“Blogging became a great way to get every story off my chest and somehow became something people wanted to read. I’m still amazed it’s grown as much as it has.”
Most recently, the blogger beat hundreds in a competition to land a spot in the Kerala Blog Express, a two-week road trip around India.
“It feels amazing, I’m still in shock to be representing England during the tour, as there are so many talented English bloggers out there, so it’s a real honour that they selected me.”
Despite only blogging for 11 months, Claire has a lot more planned for the future.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
“I love writing about travel,” she said. “It’s scary to be leaving my career and family but it’s something I feel I need to experience.”
Visit curiousclaire.com to follow Claire’s adventures.