Stratford to screen behind-the-scenes Olympics film
A film featuring a dozen first time Olympians will be screened at Stratford Picturehouse on Friday.
Called First, it will released in cinemas on November 23 and will feature a stunning, eye opening story showcasing 12 first-time Olympians from around the world who competed in the London Olympic Games.
The film takes viewers on a gripping journey starting in each of the 12 athletes’ home countries as they stand on the brink of adulthood and prepare to take their place as superheroes at the London 2012 Olympic games. Capturing and reflecting their personal experiences, unearthing their great sacrifices and detailing their adventures; First brings to screen the dreams of the incredible athletes.
With behind the scenes access, director Caroline Rowland highlights the stories and challenges faced by David Rudisha, Kenya’s gold medal winner in the men’s 800m who broke his own world record in what was described as the greatest 800m race of all time.
It also includes track cyclist Laura Trott and boxer Katie Taylor Ireland?s only gold medallist at London 2012 who won the Women’s Lightweight boxing.
You may also want to watch:
Directed by Caroline Rowland who has been credited as being one of the 10 most influential people in the bid for the London 2012 Olympics, First is the official film of the London 2012 Olympics and is made with the full cooperation of the International Olympic Committee.
The film starts at 8.30pm. There will be a Q&A with Director Caroline Rowland from approximately 10.15pm-10.30pm at Stratford Picturehouse in Salway Road in Stratford.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case