Stratford to screen behind-the-scenes Olympics film
A film featuring a dozen first time Olympians will be screened at Stratford Picturehouse on Friday.
Called First, it will released in cinemas on November 23 and will feature a stunning, eye opening story showcasing 12 first-time Olympians from around the world who competed in the London Olympic Games.
The film takes viewers on a gripping journey starting in each of the 12 athletes’ home countries as they stand on the brink of adulthood and prepare to take their place as superheroes at the London 2012 Olympic games. Capturing and reflecting their personal experiences, unearthing their great sacrifices and detailing their adventures; First brings to screen the dreams of the incredible athletes.
With behind the scenes access, director Caroline Rowland highlights the stories and challenges faced by David Rudisha, Kenya’s gold medal winner in the men’s 800m who broke his own world record in what was described as the greatest 800m race of all time.
It also includes track cyclist Laura Trott and boxer Katie Taylor Ireland?s only gold medallist at London 2012 who won the Women’s Lightweight boxing.
Directed by Caroline Rowland who has been credited as being one of the 10 most influential people in the bid for the London 2012 Olympics, First is the official film of the London 2012 Olympics and is made with the full cooperation of the International Olympic Committee.
The film starts at 8.30pm. There will be a Q&A with Director Caroline Rowland from approximately 10.15pm-10.30pm at Stratford Picturehouse in Salway Road in Stratford.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay