Stratford through childrens’ eyes
A GROUP of youngsters have produced a guide to Stratford based on their knowledge and favourite places in the area.
Called Guide the Way: A Young Person’s Guide to Stratford, it is the culmination of hard work by a group of 30 children between the ages of seven to 12 who take part in art projects and Westfield Stratford City.
The jam packed guide gives the low down on the hot spots and must dos in Stratford, from entertainment to eating out from the people that know the town centre the best. It was researched, written, photographed and designed by Discover Young Consultants, a group of local young people aged 7-13 who have been working with Westfield Stratford City to learn more about the regeneration happening in their area. All the locations featured in the guide were hand picked by the youngsters as their favourite places in Stratford.
It was compiled as part of a week long intensive and fun workshop at the Discover Children’s Story Centre in Stratford High Street. The young people from Colegrave and Maryland primary schools followed a professional brief set by Westfield.
They worked with Westfield’s design agency ODD which guided them through the process of working with graphic designers right through to producing the paper version of the publication.
You may also want to watch:
Sally Goldsworthy, Discover’s Director said: “The Guide provides us with a fantastic insight from young people on their favourite parts of Stratford. It is of an exceptionally high standard and should be used by everyone. I can see the designers of the future.”
The guide is available from the Theatre Royal, Stratford Circus, Stratford Library, Discover Children’s Story Centre and View Tube.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections