Stratford theatre school to audition for new talent
- Credit: Archant
Talented young performers could gain a place at a theatre school if they take part in auditions to be held in Stratford on Sunday.
Stage Studio is looking for fresh talent, notably youngsters aged seven to 16-years-old at Theatre Royal Stratford East where they can have a free trial class from 12.30 to 3pm. Those who are successful will be able to join the theatre school and have the chance to take part in an annual show at Theatre Royal Stratford East in Gerry Raffles Square.
In addition, to celebrate its first year in Stratford, Stage Studio will be performing in a tribute to all things Michael Jackson and Motown during the annual show in July.
A spokesman for the school said: “It’s been an incredible year for us watching the talent of our students soar - some have even gained professional credits and won roles in shows, film and commercials.
“We are getting so much interest from agents and casting directors that we have opened our books to meet the growing demand.”
You may also want to watch:
There are only a handful of places available.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim