Stratford theatre is calling on artists to take part in musical initiative
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal Stratford East are calling all types of professional artists to take part in a musical initiative.
The theatre launched their Musical Theatre Initiative in 1999 to commission and produce a portfolio of new musical theatre work, serving voices traditionally unheard in British theatre.
Following on from previous successes,the theatre is once again reaching out to writers and wordsmiths from across the UK who want to take part and work with a producing theatre.
Supported by the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, for a second year in a row, Theatre Royal Stratford East is looking for individuals who are keen to use their skills to work within musical theatre.
The 2 week intensive workshop, will offer artists the chance to work with the Artistic team and the Associates of Theatre Royal Stratford East.
You may also want to watch:
They will have the opportunity to get a taste of what writing a musical is all about. It is offered to those who are new to the form, and also those who may have had some experience already in musical writing.
Kerry Michael, Artistic Director at Theatre Royal Stratford East said: “Our Musical Theatre Initiative is at the heart of what we do here at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
“Introducing new audiences to musical theatre and engaging them in different ways to express their creativity is something we take pride in.”
Submissions are now open and the closing deadline is Friday 26 June at 5pm.
Visit stratfordeast.com for information.