Stratford theatre is calling on artists to take part in musical initiative
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal Stratford East are calling all types of professional artists to take part in a musical initiative.
The theatre launched their Musical Theatre Initiative in 1999 to commission and produce a portfolio of new musical theatre work, serving voices traditionally unheard in British theatre.
Following on from previous successes,the theatre is once again reaching out to writers and wordsmiths from across the UK who want to take part and work with a producing theatre.
Supported by the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, for a second year in a row, Theatre Royal Stratford East is looking for individuals who are keen to use their skills to work within musical theatre.
The 2 week intensive workshop, will offer artists the chance to work with the Artistic team and the Associates of Theatre Royal Stratford East.
They will have the opportunity to get a taste of what writing a musical is all about. It is offered to those who are new to the form, and also those who may have had some experience already in musical writing.
Kerry Michael, Artistic Director at Theatre Royal Stratford East said: “Our Musical Theatre Initiative is at the heart of what we do here at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 5 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 6 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 7 Free waffles for first customers at Royal Wharf Creams Café
- 8 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 9 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
“Introducing new audiences to musical theatre and engaging them in different ways to express their creativity is something we take pride in.”
Submissions are now open and the closing deadline is Friday 26 June at 5pm.
Visit stratfordeast.com for information.