Stratford theatre is calling on artists to take part in musical initiative
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal Stratford East are calling all types of professional artists to take part in a musical initiative.
The theatre launched their Musical Theatre Initiative in 1999 to commission and produce a portfolio of new musical theatre work, serving voices traditionally unheard in British theatre.
Following on from previous successes,the theatre is once again reaching out to writers and wordsmiths from across the UK who want to take part and work with a producing theatre.
Supported by the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, for a second year in a row, Theatre Royal Stratford East is looking for individuals who are keen to use their skills to work within musical theatre.
The 2 week intensive workshop, will offer artists the chance to work with the Artistic team and the Associates of Theatre Royal Stratford East.
They will have the opportunity to get a taste of what writing a musical is all about. It is offered to those who are new to the form, and also those who may have had some experience already in musical writing.
Kerry Michael, Artistic Director at Theatre Royal Stratford East said: “Our Musical Theatre Initiative is at the heart of what we do here at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
- 1 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 5 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 West Ham United's Areola aiming for one better in Europe
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
“Introducing new audiences to musical theatre and engaging them in different ways to express their creativity is something we take pride in.”
Submissions are now open and the closing deadline is Friday 26 June at 5pm.
Visit stratfordeast.com for information.