Stratford student speaks ahead of debut EP release
- Credit: Archant
Urban music student and artist Shem Raeburn is making a name for himself.
When he is not in Stratford studying at the Urban Arts School Course, the 24-year-old is creating his own music for a debut EP (Extended Play) he will be bringing out in the autumn of this year.
Shem said music is his “passion” and he started off as a singer before getting into rap at about 11.
“I have grown up in a quiet musical family and many family members of mine were professional in the industry, so I have always been around it from a young age. Plus my whole family listens to so much music.”
The up-and-coming artist, who was recognised by Mista Jam on BBC 1Xtra, hip hop blog Pigeons and Planes and urban music firm SB.TV for his latest track Daylight is looking forward to the release of his EP and thinks it could herald the start of his professional career.
“The EP will be a very bass heavy production with some good lyrics, but there is also going to be songs on it from back in 2009 and 2010 that I made because the lyrics and production was not quite ready – now they are and fit in with these themes.”
Follow @MrShemzy on Twitter to keep track of his work.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network