Stratford office helps renegeration company raise £30,000 for mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a regeneration company in Stratford have jumped on their bikes to raise money for a mental health charity.
Vistry Partnerships employees were challenged to cycle 1,300km – the distance between the company’s nine UK offices – for fundraising ride the Vistry Velo in support of Mind.
Participants could cycle as many or as few miles as they wanted, either virtually on a static bike or out on the road.
Vistry Partnerships London, located in Broadway across the road from Mind, smashed its target of £500 by raising more than £3,000.
The company raised more than £30,000 collectively.
You may also want to watch:
Vistry Partnerships London managing director Ray Toft said: “This year has been particularly challenging to mental health, both in the workplace and at home, and as we enter a second national lockdown it’s more important than ever that we do what we can to help support charities like Mind (to) keep providing outstanding services.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham