Stratford stabbing victim named as Mohammed Yasser Afzal
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the man fatally stabbed in Stratford last night as Mohammed Yasser Afzal.
Metropolitan Police confirmed that he was stabbed inside E20 Cars on Broadway, Stratford, where he was believed to be working as a controller and dispatcher.
The 22-year-old, of Forest Gate, was stabbed in the neck at around 8pm last night and died in hospital later that evening.
Detectives are treating the death as murder and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed anything to come forward.
DCI John Sandlin said: “At this early stage in our investigation I wish to identify a man who was seen outside E20 Cars between approximately 19:45 - 20:00hrs.
“We understand this man entered the premises briefly before leaving and running towards Chant Street, E15.
“We know the man was carrying a ‘JD Sports’ drawstring plastic bag and was wearing a distinctive deer stalker type hat which has flaps covering his ears.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 NewVIc’s SU President reflects on first year at college: 'It's amazing for those who want to be here!'
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
“I would urge anyone who may have seen him running towards Chant Street or nearby to call the incident room as soon as possible.”
Police are asking anyone with information to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.