Stratford stabbing victim named as Mohammed Yasser Afzal
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the man fatally stabbed in Stratford last night as Mohammed Yasser Afzal.
Metropolitan Police confirmed that he was stabbed inside E20 Cars on Broadway, Stratford, where he was believed to be working as a controller and dispatcher.
The 22-year-old, of Forest Gate, was stabbed in the neck at around 8pm last night and died in hospital later that evening.
Detectives are treating the death as murder and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed anything to come forward.
DCI John Sandlin said: “At this early stage in our investigation I wish to identify a man who was seen outside E20 Cars between approximately 19:45 - 20:00hrs.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand this man entered the premises briefly before leaving and running towards Chant Street, E15.
“We know the man was carrying a ‘JD Sports’ drawstring plastic bag and was wearing a distinctive deer stalker type hat which has flaps covering his ears.
- 1 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 7 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
“I would urge anyone who may have seen him running towards Chant Street or nearby to call the incident room as soon as possible.”
Police are asking anyone with information to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.