Stratford stabbing victim named as Mohammed Yasser Afzal
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the man fatally stabbed in Stratford last night as Mohammed Yasser Afzal.
Metropolitan Police confirmed that he was stabbed inside E20 Cars on Broadway, Stratford, where he was believed to be working as a controller and dispatcher.
The 22-year-old, of Forest Gate, was stabbed in the neck at around 8pm last night and died in hospital later that evening.
Detectives are treating the death as murder and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed anything to come forward.
DCI John Sandlin said: “At this early stage in our investigation I wish to identify a man who was seen outside E20 Cars between approximately 19:45 - 20:00hrs.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand this man entered the premises briefly before leaving and running towards Chant Street, E15.
“We know the man was carrying a ‘JD Sports’ drawstring plastic bag and was wearing a distinctive deer stalker type hat which has flaps covering his ears.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
“I would urge anyone who may have seen him running towards Chant Street or nearby to call the incident room as soon as possible.”
Police are asking anyone with information to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865 or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.