Stratford solicitors in step for sponsored walk
- Credit: James Tourgout
Staff at a Stratford law firm have raised more than £1,200 through a sponsored walk.
Twenty colleagues from Blavo & Co, based on the Broadway, collected £1,276 - their highest total ever.
The annual London Legal Walk saw more than 8,000 employees from the law industry take on a 10km walk to raise money for the London Legal Support Trust, which provides free legal services at law centres and agencies.
The circuit took in a number of London landmarks and legal points of interest.
Solicitor Katarzyna Jurkun, who organised the Blavo & Co team, said:
“The walk was a fantastic experience for everyone and we’re really pleased to have raised so much for such a worthwhile cause.
“It is our highest total so far, beating last year’s figure of £940 and helped the event raise a record amount overall this year.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 3 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 6 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 9 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 10 New online information resource set up for Newham families
“Now we’re looking forward to taking part next year when we will be aiming to raise even more.”