Stratford Shopping Centre embraces street art
Shoppers tested out their graffiti skills at the Street Art Festival in Stratford last week where visitors spray- painted a digital wall and enjoyed performances from hip-hop dancers.
The Stratford Shopping Centre hosted the free festival on Wednesday and Thursday (Aug 3 and 4) for families and aspiring artists to show off their street credentials.
Residents created their own street art on YrWall, a digital graffiti wall that made its first appearance on TV’s Dragon’s Den, as well as exhibiting their own work.
People painted and drew on giant 8ft letters on the invention which simulates the experience of spray painting a brick wall with infra red light featuring visual effects such as animated stars, swirls, drip effect paint and a variety of stencils.
The best creations are featured on the Stratford Shopping Centre’s Facebook page where people can vote for their favourite by clicking ‘like’ below the pictures and the drawing with the most ‘likes’ will be crowned the winner.
You may also want to watch:
The Firm, hip-hop dancers from East London Dance, also performed on Thursday and ran a workshop with choreographer E.D. Stephan to teach visitors how to bust a move or two.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim