Stratford shop staff star in television advert
- Credit: Archant
Television viewers may have had to do a double take when two Stratford shop workers turned up in an advert last night.
Kathy Crump and Letitia Darko-Sarkwa, who work at Wilko on the Broadway, played the role of the team members serving pirates at the tills.
The duo have worked at the Stratford store since it opened in 2001.
Store manager Mohammed Sethi said: “I couldn’t be more proud of Letitia and Kathy for their performance in the advert.
“They are the perfect people to don the Wilko uniform and represent the company on TV, as they have been such an important part of our store from the very beginning.
“It was an unusual, but very exciting experience for both of them.
“Who knows, we might get customers coming in for autographs!”
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 3 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 4 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
The advert, which was filmed in the chain’s Bexleyheath branch, was broadcast for the first time during an episode of Coronation Street.