Stratford shop staff star in television advert
- Credit: Archant
Television viewers may have had to do a double take when two Stratford shop workers turned up in an advert last night.
Kathy Crump and Letitia Darko-Sarkwa, who work at Wilko on the Broadway, played the role of the team members serving pirates at the tills.
The duo have worked at the Stratford store since it opened in 2001.
Store manager Mohammed Sethi said: “I couldn’t be more proud of Letitia and Kathy for their performance in the advert.
“They are the perfect people to don the Wilko uniform and represent the company on TV, as they have been such an important part of our store from the very beginning.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an unusual, but very exciting experience for both of them.
“Who knows, we might get customers coming in for autographs!”
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike
The advert, which was filmed in the chain’s Bexleyheath branch, was broadcast for the first time during an episode of Coronation Street.