Stratford’s United We Stand on Britain’s Got Talent: We’re all so proud of you
Stratford’s United We Stand bow out at the semi-finals of Britain’s Got Talent
Stratford dance group United We Stand were over the moon on Saturday night when it was revealed they had made the live semi-finals of the TV Show Britain’s Got Talent.
They have been performing locally in the last two weeks since their first appearance and were given the news by Simon Cowell on the show.
But the group were unlucky in the draw and got one of the hardest slots, when they were pitted against many of the favourites in last night’s first semi-final, screened on ITV.
Despite scores of fans registering their approval on Twitter and Facebook at their success and their performance, the group that have been a credit to Newham did not make it to the live final.
You may also want to watch:
The public’s phone, text and app votes chose Ashleigh Butler and dog Pudsey as the top act, and then again the public chose Welsh choir Only Boys Aloud after the judges were split.
The live show judges were split on the dance group as well with Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden felt they had given themselves a mountain to climb with a complicated performance, but Alesha Dixon and David Walliams praised their efforts and predicted a bright future for them.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
See Wednesday’s Newham Recorder for letters page praise for the group.