Stratford’s United We Stand on Britain’s Got Talent: We’re all so proud of you
Stratford’s United We Stand bow out at the semi-finals of Britain’s Got Talent
Stratford dance group United We Stand were over the moon on Saturday night when it was revealed they had made the live semi-finals of the TV Show Britain’s Got Talent.
They have been performing locally in the last two weeks since their first appearance and were given the news by Simon Cowell on the show.
But the group were unlucky in the draw and got one of the hardest slots, when they were pitted against many of the favourites in last night’s first semi-final, screened on ITV.
Despite scores of fans registering their approval on Twitter and Facebook at their success and their performance, the group that have been a credit to Newham did not make it to the live final.
The public’s phone, text and app votes chose Ashleigh Butler and dog Pudsey as the top act, and then again the public chose Welsh choir Only Boys Aloud after the judges were split.
The live show judges were split on the dance group as well with Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden felt they had given themselves a mountain to climb with a complicated performance, but Alesha Dixon and David Walliams praised their efforts and predicted a bright future for them.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 First Omicron case reported in Newham
See Wednesday’s Newham Recorder for letters page praise for the group.