Stratford’s Theatre Royal gets £5,000 from National Express Foundation
Community groups in east London are getting £10,000 from the charity arm of the Fenchurch Street rail operators.
Half the cash is going to Stratford’s Theatre Royal to run volunteer programmes introducing youngsters aged 13 to 24 to the arts and for workshops for young poets.
The rest is split between the East London Community Sports Association for a youth rugby programme at Memorial Park in West Ham and Newham B’3 Foundation for tackling barriers to education and jobs.
The money comes from the National Express Foundation who this week praised the groups for “helping youngsters in disadvantaged circumstances.”
Its chairman Anthony Vigor said: “These groups have ambitious plans and we hope this support can help make a real difference to their efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
The windfall means the Theatre Royal can be “more connected to the community.”
The theatre’s Jan Sharkey-Dodds said: “This funding help us identify the needs of 41 volunteers and artists we’re working with and how we can support them to be artists and leaders with confidence.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
The Foundation has also made donations totalling £25,000 to colleges and community groups located close to the Fenchurch Street line for projects promoting understanding.