Stratford’s East Village designs showcased for public
A glimpse into the future of Stratford is offered with designs for the East Village development, one of five planned new neighbourhoods with an E20 postcode, being showcase at a public exhibition.
‘East Village – a lasting legacy for London’ opens today, Tuesday, at London’s Centre for the Built Environment, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, WC1E 7BT and runs until March 31.
Opening Hours of the free exhibition are: Monday to Friday (9am – 6pm), Saturday (10am – 5pm)
The event promises to give visitors a flavour of what it will be like to live in the development which is situated on the doorstep of The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and will be the first residential legacy to result from the successful London 2012 Games bid when it opens in late 2013.
It will reveal the work of 16 internationally renowned architects and the development’s part in the wider transformation of Stratford and East London.
You may also want to watch:
For further details visit: www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines