Stratford’s East Village designs showcased for public
A glimpse into the future of Stratford is offered with designs for the East Village development, one of five planned new neighbourhoods with an E20 postcode, being showcase at a public exhibition.
‘East Village – a lasting legacy for London’ opens today, Tuesday, at London’s Centre for the Built Environment, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, WC1E 7BT and runs until March 31.
Opening Hours of the free exhibition are: Monday to Friday (9am – 6pm), Saturday (10am – 5pm)
The event promises to give visitors a flavour of what it will be like to live in the development which is situated on the doorstep of The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and will be the first residential legacy to result from the successful London 2012 Games bid when it opens in late 2013.
It will reveal the work of 16 internationally renowned architects and the development’s part in the wider transformation of Stratford and East London.
You may also want to watch:
For further details visit: www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election