Stratford resident strikes lucky in lottery
Luck was definitely on the side of one Stratford resident who passed her driving test, got a job, and won the lottery all one in month.
Khatija Mughal, 22, of Church Street, won �10,000 in the People’s Postcode Lottery last Saturday (July 7) which she has only been playing since March.
Fortunate Khatija said: “It really was a complete shock, you really don’t think you’re going to win. My family will be so surprised as well when I tell them.
“I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been this month so far. I passed my driving test, then got a permanent job as a sales assistant and now I’ve won the Lottery.
“I just can’t believe it. July really has been a lucky month for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Khatija and husband Ahad plan to buy a brand new car with their winnings. She said: “I fancy a Ford. Now I’ve passed my test and have my winnings, there is no stopping me.”
The People’s Postcode Lottery is Britain’s charity lottery where people play with their postcodes to win cash while raising money for good causes.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham