Stratford resident strikes lucky in lottery
Luck was definitely on the side of one Stratford resident who passed her driving test, got a job, and won the lottery all one in month.
Khatija Mughal, 22, of Church Street, won �10,000 in the People’s Postcode Lottery last Saturday (July 7) which she has only been playing since March.
Fortunate Khatija said: “It really was a complete shock, you really don’t think you’re going to win. My family will be so surprised as well when I tell them.
“I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been this month so far. I passed my driving test, then got a permanent job as a sales assistant and now I’ve won the Lottery.
“I just can’t believe it. July really has been a lucky month for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Khatija and husband Ahad plan to buy a brand new car with their winnings. She said: “I fancy a Ford. Now I’ve passed my test and have my winnings, there is no stopping me.”
The People’s Postcode Lottery is Britain’s charity lottery where people play with their postcodes to win cash while raising money for good causes.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines