Stratford resident strikes lucky in lottery
Luck was definitely on the side of one Stratford resident who passed her driving test, got a job, and won the lottery all one in month.
Khatija Mughal, 22, of Church Street, won �10,000 in the People’s Postcode Lottery last Saturday (July 7) which she has only been playing since March.
Fortunate Khatija said: “It really was a complete shock, you really don’t think you’re going to win. My family will be so surprised as well when I tell them.
“I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been this month so far. I passed my driving test, then got a permanent job as a sales assistant and now I’ve won the Lottery.
“I just can’t believe it. July really has been a lucky month for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Khatija and husband Ahad plan to buy a brand new car with their winnings. She said: “I fancy a Ford. Now I’ve passed my test and have my winnings, there is no stopping me.”
The People’s Postcode Lottery is Britain’s charity lottery where people play with their postcodes to win cash while raising money for good causes.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result