Stratford resident strikes lucky in lottery
Luck was definitely on the side of one Stratford resident who passed her driving test, got a job, and won the lottery all one in month.
Khatija Mughal, 22, of Church Street, won �10,000 in the People’s Postcode Lottery last Saturday (July 7) which she has only been playing since March.
Fortunate Khatija said: “It really was a complete shock, you really don’t think you’re going to win. My family will be so surprised as well when I tell them.
“I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been this month so far. I passed my driving test, then got a permanent job as a sales assistant and now I’ve won the Lottery.
“I just can’t believe it. July really has been a lucky month for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Khatija and husband Ahad plan to buy a brand new car with their winnings. She said: “I fancy a Ford. Now I’ve passed my test and have my winnings, there is no stopping me.”
The People’s Postcode Lottery is Britain’s charity lottery where people play with their postcodes to win cash while raising money for good causes.
- 1 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 6 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 10 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children