Stratford pub wins Long Service award after 24 years in business
A Stratford pub with ‘a community feel’ received a national award from their parent company for 24 years of service.
Mike and Joan Fetton, licensees of Ye Old Black Bull on the Broadway were presented with a Long Service Star Pub Award from Jeff Stelling, presenter of Soccer Saturday at a gala awards dinner last week.
Originally an Irish pub, Ye Old Black Bull has changed along with Stratford over the years and is now known as a traditional family-run establishment.
Chris Moore, trading director of Star Pubs & Bars said: “Mike and Joan are great old fashioned publicans.
“They have created a fantastic, warm and welcoming environment for their mixed clientele and have done what many aspire to do.
“They have managed to create a high street pub with a community feel.”
“As for their future plans, their son is now working in the business and they intend working at Ye Old Black Bull till they eventually retire. They have made friends with customers and have no intention of moving anywhere else any time soon.”
- 1 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 2 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 5 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
On receiving his award, Mike said: “We’re thrilled to have won this special award. It makes all the hard work worthwhile.”