Stratford pub wins Long Service award after 24 years in business
A Stratford pub with ‘a community feel’ received a national award from their parent company for 24 years of service.
Mike and Joan Fetton, licensees of Ye Old Black Bull on the Broadway were presented with a Long Service Star Pub Award from Jeff Stelling, presenter of Soccer Saturday at a gala awards dinner last week.
Originally an Irish pub, Ye Old Black Bull has changed along with Stratford over the years and is now known as a traditional family-run establishment.
Chris Moore, trading director of Star Pubs & Bars said: “Mike and Joan are great old fashioned publicans.
“They have created a fantastic, warm and welcoming environment for their mixed clientele and have done what many aspire to do.
You may also want to watch:
“They have managed to create a high street pub with a community feel.”
“As for their future plans, their son is now working in the business and they intend working at Ye Old Black Bull till they eventually retire. They have made friends with customers and have no intention of moving anywhere else any time soon.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
On receiving his award, Mike said: “We’re thrilled to have won this special award. It makes all the hard work worthwhile.”