Stratford music producer to appear on The Voice
- Credit: BBC / WALL TO WALL / GUY LEVY
A Stratford music producer will be vying to impress the judges on a BBC One talent show tonight.
J Sealy is trading producing for performing in a bid to secure a place in the next round of The Voice.
“I entered a competition called Britain’s Got Reggae, as I’ve got quite a deep voice and have been told I sound a bit like Bob Marley,” he said.
“Two days later I was approached to enter The Voice.”
J eventually got through to the blind audition stage, which is being aired tonight.
You may also want to watch:
He will perform for judges Boy George, Paloma Faith, Ricky Wilson and Will.I.Am in the hope that at least one of them will turn their chair for him.
“It was something I was looking forward to,” said the 43-year-old.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“I got a few butterflies when I got on the stage and saw the audience.”
And while J’s song choice is being kept under wraps until the show airs, he revealed it has some meaning to him.
“It’s my mum’s favourite song,” he said. “She’s always singing it around the house.”
He plans to get a few friends and family members together to watch the episode on television.
“It’s an experience you only get once, isn’t it?” he said.
The Voice airs tonight on BBC One at 7.45pm.