Stratford Morrisons stock halal pick and mix sweets
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Stratford supermarket has become one of the first in the country to stock a range of halal pick and mix sweets.
The range of 36 halal candies is now available from Morrisons, in The Grove, one of only 10 stores in the UK to boast the pioneering new confectionary line.
Among the treats on sale, customers can purchase established favourites including liquorice sticks, cola bottles and jelly beans, plus gummy bears and sugared lips.
Customers can help themselves to as many as they like which will then be weighed at the check-out, with a 100g cup of sweets costing £2.49.
Store manager Jon Taylor said: “Many customers have asked us about halal sweets, so we have designed and introduced a new range.
“We believe we are the first big supermarket in the UK to do this.
“It’s a large range, so we hope that it will provide a sweet treat for every taste.”
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 West Ham will add more after Cornet signing says Moyes
- 3 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 4 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Boys locked up for murdering 14-year-old Fares Maatou
- 8 Clapton microbakery Charles Artisan Bread opens new site in Stratford
- 9 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
Among the other stores stocking the new delights include Wood Green, Thamesmead, Bradford, and Birmingham.