Stratford Morrisons stock halal pick and mix sweets
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Stratford supermarket has become one of the first in the country to stock a range of halal pick and mix sweets.
The range of 36 halal candies is now available from Morrisons, in The Grove, one of only 10 stores in the UK to boast the pioneering new confectionary line.
Among the treats on sale, customers can purchase established favourites including liquorice sticks, cola bottles and jelly beans, plus gummy bears and sugared lips.
Customers can help themselves to as many as they like which will then be weighed at the check-out, with a 100g cup of sweets costing £2.49.
Store manager Jon Taylor said: “Many customers have asked us about halal sweets, so we have designed and introduced a new range.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe we are the first big supermarket in the UK to do this.
“It’s a large range, so we hope that it will provide a sweet treat for every taste.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Among the other stores stocking the new delights include Wood Green, Thamesmead, Bradford, and Birmingham.