Stratford Library re-opens after multi-million pound revamp
Stratford Library has re-opened following a major �2.2 million refurbishment with a new range of services and activities.
Stratford Library has re-opened following a major �2.2million refurbishment with a new range of services and activities.
Improvements at the library in The Grove include a new customer service area where people can use self-service kiosks for a range of transactions.
There are also dedicated areas for teenagers and children as well as a full, family events programme.
The study area has 84 spaces and an additional 13 personal computers, taking the total up to 42, with free internet access.
You may also want to watch:
There is also free wi-fi.
Around �71,000 has been spent on providing more than 11,000 new books which have been added to the best condition stock that was previously on the shelves.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
Staff will demonstrate how the self-service kiosks work.
Residents can use them to pay council bills online, check rent and council tax balances, report missed bin collections or check library accounts to renew books, CDs and DVDs.
People can also use the kiosks to register on My Newham, a new online service that allows them to instantly report a problem such as crime or antisocial behaviour, request a service or make a payment.
Cllr Andrew Baikie, Newham Council’s executive member for customer services, said: “Libraries are a vital community resource and we are aware how much people value them.
“As well as improved library facilities at Stratford we are introducing new and better ways for our customers to do business with us, saving them time and improving the accessibility of our services.”