Stratford lady gears up for national beauty competition
- Credit: Archant
A part-time security guard is hoping to take top prize in a national beauty pageant.
Mihaela Gogioiu, 35, will be representing Stratford in the Miss British Beauty Curve competition at the Epsom Playhouse, Surrey, on Saturday.
Mihaela, who lives in Janson Road, and works as a nanny and a nightclub security guard, said she is confident she could win.
“I decided to put my name down after I was told by my friend that I should enter a beauty competition,” she said.
“I’m actually quite confident that I could win the Beauty Curve, which will be amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very excited about taking part and have been busy preparing for the event.”
On the day, Mihaela will be competing against 26 other finalists from all over the country to be named Miss British Beauty Curve 2015.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?
She said: “The competition is important because it allows women to become more confident and comfortable in their own skin.
“The pageant sets an example that no matter what your size is you are still beautiful, which is why it’s great that I’m taking part in such an amazing talent competition.”
The plus-size beauty pageant was launched in 2012 and has since attracted hundreds of women to take part.